28 July 2020 by Madison Potter
The Tourism industry in Northern Ireland was worth over £1 billion in 2019, employing a total of around 65,000 people. Tourism NI has therefore set up a Website Development Scheme to help fund businesses within the tourism sector, a sector that has been hit hard by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The purpose of this programme is to provide guidance, advice and assistance to experience providers within Northern Ireland with the aim to develop or enhance their online presence and providing financial assistance to do so. This support may come in a wide range of options, including Search Engine Optimisation, Booking Engine Development, assistance and provision of content and the use of digital strategies to boost online sales.
How Can Web Bureau Help?
Web Bureau is a multi-discipline digital agency, set up to help maximise our clients' online presence and help them grow their businesses both domestically as well as internationally. We have been working with numerous clients within the Tourism sector for over 15 years, developing new websites, implementing high turnover digital marketing strategies and continuously auditing online activity to ensure our clients are getting the most out of their websites.
What Assistance can You Expect?
We are able to assist you with any website or digital related projects, from website development and design to digital marketing strategies and conversion rate optimisation, as well as:
- Development of new websites
- Replacement of, or upgrading current website
- Improving Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Digital Marketing (Google Ads, Social Media Ads & Strategy for increasing revenue online)
- Creating booking engines, online booking functionality, improving conversion rates and improving user experience
- Creating content e.g. imagery and video
- Mobile optimisation
- Creating Multi-language sites for international clients
Why Web Bureau?
Over the past 15 years we have been working with numerous clients within the tourism sector within Northern Ireland. Whether it be a new website, booking portal or some digital marketing activity to increase overall bookings, we were there to help bring these client's visions to life:
- Belfast International Airport
- Enniskillen Castle Museum
- Irish Football Association
- Visit Lisburn
- Dublin Coach
- Darby O'Gill Tours
- SS Nomadic
How Can You Apply?
To take part in the programme, you must first email firstname.lastname@example.org to check eligibility.
Grant open date: Monday 20th July 2020
Grant close date: Friday 21st August 2020
Who Can Apply for the Web Development Scheme?
To apply, you must be an existing experience provider, operating in Northern Ireland. The programme is focused on tourism experience providers, unfortunately the following businesses and websites are ineligible under this programme:
• Accommodation businesses (*Possible exemptions)
• Festivals and Events
• Sports Clubs
• Business start-ups (*Possible exemptions)
• Local authority or destination management tourism websites
• Visitor Information Centres
• Community / Voluntary information websites
• Shops, restaurants & cafes
Not sure what to do or where to start? Talk to us, we would be happy to help and give you support so you can start growing your presence online today! Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to expand your business!
Speak to one of our digital experts today!